Sunday, December 11, 2022

Forgot to name this one


     Well, winter has well and truly arrived. The temperature hovers around 0, everything is covered in frost, and tonight it is even snowing a bit. I doubt it will stick much, but it's still snow. 

    I went to town today and bought a hot chocolate and some long sleeved shirts as I realised I don't own any that aren't jumpers or cardigans. I bought Jim's mum some warm socks, and I walked along the cliffs. It was both sunny and foggy, which is an odd combination. I find I don't mind the cold so much when I'm bundled up warmly. I spent the day walking along, The Smiths playing through my headphones. It was all a pleasant enough way to spend a Sunday.

    This evening Jim and the kids taught me to play Rummy and  I won. So, that was fun. Did a bit of writing, a bit of reading, and a lot of laundry. Hopefully everyone sleeps well tonight. I don't really fancy another 4 am wake up. I'd like to start the week off well rested, if possible.

     All our gifts are bought and wrapped, so now it’s just the wait for Christmas. The kids are excited, and honestly, so am I. Hope you’ve all enjoyed your weekend. Here’s a picture of the sun over the foggy sea from midday.


S N Humphreys 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where you been?

     Eighteen days since I lasted posted. WHOOPS. Sorry about that. It's the burrowing, hibernating times. January is hard for me, usual...