Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Today is the Greatest

     Sorry about the title. I couldn't help myself, the song is stuck in my head. Onwards.

    Today started off with a bang. Straight out of the gate I was working on edits, all of which were fantastic and definitely made my piece better. I have never been edited before, so that was a new experience which I thoroughly enjoyed. I wish I had an editor for EVERYTHING now.

    My actual job is going really really well. So much better than I ever expected. I was never the sort of person who dreamed of working as... well, anything, really. Other than the writing thing, there wasn't anything I wanted to do. So I was a stay at home mum for the better part of 20 years, with the occasional part time job lasting for a few months, half a year. But now my youngest is getting ready to start secondary school, and working seemed better than sitting at home slowly driving myself mad with nothing much to do. So I took a chance and applied for a little part time work.

    It has turned into one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done. 

    And, they're giving me more hours and responsibilities. Which makes me feel like I'm doing something right. So that's brilliant. 

    And that's it, really. My days went from being empty to being very, VERY full. Work, and writing, writing and work, plus family, family, family. I have never been so busy, or so happy. It's funny, isn't it, how things seem to work out that way. 

    Anyway, that's all I've got for you today. Thanks for listening.


S N Humphreys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where you been?

     Eighteen days since I lasted posted. WHOOPS. Sorry about that. It's the burrowing, hibernating times. January is hard for me, usual...